23 Feb NRGY! BOOST BARS
We got 1000+ LIKES on our YalaFitness by Laurent Amzallag and all because of YOU! So, one of our ways to say THANK YOU, is to share one of the recipes we’ll have on our cookbook!
NRGY! BOOST BARS
This bars are probably the most amazing, nutrient packed, high protein and fiber (among many other great things) bars you’ll ever find! Say goodbye to store-bought bars, you really don’t need any of that extra sugar, preservatives & colorants in your body. Loved by husbands and children (I guess that means something, huh?) ENJOY!
1 tablespoon chia seeds
3 1?4 cups rolled oats
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 1?2 (1 can) cups navy beans
1?4 cup coconut oil, melted
1?2 cup raw honey
1?4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1?3 cup chopped pitted prunes
1?4 cup raisins
1?4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup of sunflowers seeds
Dark chocolate (at least 60%, I really REALLY like the Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips)
Chopped cashew nuts (optional for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Combine the chia seeds with 3 tablespoons water in a small bowl, and set aside for 15 minutes until it becomes a gel.
- Pulse 1 1?4 cups of the oats in a food processor until they look like a very rough flour. Transfer the flour to a mixing bowl and combine it with the remaining 2 cups of oats, the baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Pulse the beans with the coconut oil in the food processor until the mixture is creamy. Add the honey, chia gel, applesauce, and vanilla extract, and pulse until smooth.
- Mix the bean puree with the oats mixture and stir until everything starts to come together. Add the chopped prunes, raisins, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds and stir to combine (for better results use your hands!)
- Shape the dough into equal-size balls, and then flatten each one into a patty shape. Transfer them to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until the bars are golden.
- Now we need to melt the chocolate to cover the bars. To do it, place the chocolate in a wide, shallow bowl and put it in the microwave. Heat it on medium high for about 1 minute to start with. Remove from the microwave and stir. Repeat heating at shorter intervals, 15 to 20 seconds, stirring in between, until the chocolate is completely melted and has a smooth consistency.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the already baked bars and sprinkle some chopped cashew nuts!
Et voila!!! The bars can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 1 month. ENJOY!